2023 Virtual Teacher Institute: Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers to your questions about attending the American Battlefield Trust’s 2023 Virtual Teacher Institute
General Event Information Continuing Education Certificate
What are the dates of the event?
July 24-26, 2023
Who can attend the American Battlefield Trust National Teacher Institute?
This event is primarily intended for K-12 educators and administrators, but we also allow the following professionals to attend:
- Active K-12 educators and administrators
- Curriculum coordinators/developers
- Museum professionals
- Adjunct and full-time college professors & administrators
- School IT Professionals
- After-school program coordinators and facilitators
- Continuing education coordinators and educators
Where will the 2023 Virtual Teacher Institute be held?
The event will be held on the American Battlefield Trust webinar platform.
In which time zone is the event?
All session times are in Eastern Standard Time.
When does registration open for the event?
Registration opens on March 1, 2023.
Do I need to register for the event?
Yes, you must register for each session that you wish to attend. Once you have completed your initial registration, you will be able to add or modify sessions.
What is the cost of registration?
There is no registration fee; the event is FREE.
How do I attend?
- Register for the webinars that you wish to attend.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with all of the login information.
- A few minutes before the webinar starts, click on the link provided in the registration email.
- Attend the session and have fun while learning!
Are you recording the sessions?
Yes, the sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the American Battlefield Trust website a few weeks after the event.
Continuing Education Certificate
Will you provide Continuing Education Certificates (CEUs)?
Yes, we will provide CEU certificates to the email that you used to register for the event. All certificates will be processed AFTER the event.
What constitutes one CEU?
One CEU equals ten contact hours of participation in organized continuing education classes and/or training conducted by a qualified instructor. A contact hour is equivalent to one 60-minute interaction between an instructor and the participant.
How do I receive my continuing education certificate?
- You must register for each webinar that you plan to attend.
- Attend at least one (1) or more event webinars.
- You must log in and attend at least one session for at least 60 minutes.
- Complete an exit survey that will be sent to you on or before August 4.
- Answer YES when asked on the exit survey if you wish to receive an attendance certificate for the event.
- If you do all of the above, the American Battlefield Trust will take care of the rest.
- Check the email address that you provided for your certificate starting in September of 2023. Don't forget to check your spam folder, too.
How long do I have to wait to receive my 2023 CEU certificate?
CEU certificates will be sent to the email address that you provided in your exit survey. All certificates will be emailed in early September of 2023
Do I have to pay for my own CEU certificate?
No, the cost of the certificate will be covered by the American Battlefield Trust.
How do I know if my school district will accept the CEU Certificate?
It is your responsibility to confirm with your school district if they will accept the certificate letter. The American Battlefield Trust only facilitates the issuance of the certificate. The application of the certificate is up to each individual, school, and school district.
Who provides the CE Certificate?
All certificates are paid for by the American Battlefield Trust, and provided by St. Bonaventure University.
Are these full college credit hours?
No. This is a CE certificate, not undergraduate or graduate hours, and they cannot be applied toward a college degree program.
How long do I have to request my 2023 continuing education certificates?
You have until August 4, 2023, to request your continuing education certificate. We will not process any new CE requests for the 2021 National Teacher Institute after August 4, 2023.
Why is there a deadline to request my continuing education certificate?
We contract our CE certificates. Our contract window can only stay open for a limited time.
Can I receive a certificate for attending both the Virtual Teacher Institute and the In-Person Teacher Institute?
No, you can only receive a certificate for attending one event or the other. You cannot receive a CEU certificate for attending both events.
If your questions were not answered by any of the above questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.