2022 Virtual Teacher Institute: Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers to your questions about attending the American Battlefield Trust’s 2022 Virtual Teacher Institute
What are the dates of the event?
July 11-14, 2022
Who can attend the American Battlefield Trust National Teacher Institute?
This event is primarily intended for K-12 educators and administrators, but we also allow the following professionals to attend:
- Active K-12 educators and administrators.
- Full-time Museum professionals.
- Adjunct and full-time college professors & administrators.
- College History or Education majors.
- School IT Professionals
Where will the 2022 Virtual Teacher Institute be held?
The event will be held on the American Battlefield Trust webinar platform.
When does registration open for the event?
Registration opens in April 2022.
Do I need to register for the event?
Yes, you must register for each session that you wish to attend. Once you have completed your initial registration, you will be able to add or modify sessions.
What is the cost of registration?
There is no registration fee, the event is FREE.
How do I attend?
- Register for the webinars that you wish to attend.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with all of the login information.
- A few minutes before the webinar starts, click on the link provided in the registration email.
Are you recording the sessions?
Yes, the sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the American Battlefield Trust website a few weeks after the event.
Will you provide attendance certificates?
Yes, we will provide attendance certificates to the email that you used to register for the event. All certificates will be processed AFTER the event.
Are these Continuing Education Certificates?
No, these are certificates that confirm that you attended the event.
Is there is a minimum number of sessions that I must attend to receive an attendance certificate?
Yes, you must attend at least one session of the event.
Is there a minimum amount of time that I must be in each session to earn credit for attending?
Yes, you must attend one full session to receive an attendance certificate.
Can I receive a certificate for watching the recordings at a later date?
Will my attendance be timed?
Yes, each session and each participant is timed by our system.
How do I receive my attendance certificate?
- You must register for each webinar that you plan to attend.
- Attend at least one (1) or more event webinars.
- You must log in and attend at least one session for at least 60 minutes.
- Complete an exit survey that will be sent to you on or before August 1.
- Answer YES when asked on the exit survey if you wish to receive an attendance certificate for the event.
- If you do all of the above, the American Battlefield Trust will take care of the rest.
- Check the email address that you provided for your certificate starting in September of 2022. Don't forget to check your spam folder, too.
Why do I have to fill out an exit survey?
This is a certificate requirement to help prove that you attended the session/event.
How long do I have to wait to receive my fall 2022 attendance certificate?
Attendance certificates will be sent to the email address that you provided in September of 2021.
How do I know if my school district will accept the attendance certificate?
It is your responsibility to confirm with your school district if they will accept the certificate letter. The American Battlefield Trust only facilitates the issuance of the certificate. The application of the certificate is up to each individual, school, and school district.
Are these full college credit hours?
No. This is an attendance certificate, not undergraduate or graduate hours, and it cannot be applied toward a college degree program.
How long do I have to request my 2021 attendance certificate?
You have until August 1, 2022 to request your continuing education certificate. We will not process any new requests for the 2022 National Teacher Institute after August 2, 2021.